Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sea World

Our first full day in San Diego was spent at Seaworld. The weather was perfect and the boys enjoyed seeing all the sea life.
October must be their slow time because all the kids were free and there were very few people in the park. Jason of course liked the Breaded Dragon. I think it made him miss Dober a little bit.
Lincoln was even brave enough to pet it, Talan was hiding behind some bushes.
This was the discovery area of SeaWorld, you could touch anything you wanted in this tank.
Jason getting a Sea Urchant hug.
We were the only ones at the tank for a long time so we got our own Marine Life Lesson from one of the friendly Sea World worker.
Lincoln liked these brightly colored frogs. I hope he never finds one because they are poisonous.
Talan decided to be brave and go on the simulated helicopter ride. I think at this point he was re-thinking his decision.
I loved the Beluga Whales.
Talan exploring the Polar Bear caves.
One of the trainers out feeding the penguins and answering questions that the on lookers had.
Getting our smashed penny souvenirs. 
Waiting for the Killer Whales show.Talan wanted to sit in the "Splash Zone"
We were sitting in the splash zone, but we managed to stay dry.
It is so amazing that those whales can get so high in the air.
Checking out the starfish in the tide pools/
Jason and Talan having a look at the giant Sea Turtles.
We took the tram out over the bay.
It was a lot of fun to ride out over the bay and see all of Sea World from above.
Waiting for the Clyde and Seamore Show.
The best show at Seaworld.
The boys loved that they took the seal out in the crowd.
The giant Shark teeth.
Talan and Lincoln to the Rescue.
Of course Talan is nice and gentle to the turtle while
Lincoln would want to ride it.
Family photo out by the bay.
I finally talked Talan into feeding the seals, however when he saw that they ate fish he was out.
The scariest part was trying to not get attacked by the birds while feeding the seals.
He was hungry and did not want to wait.
Lincoln loves popcorn and almost ate this whole bag by himself.
Talan out jumping on this giant bubble thing.
Just playing around with the boys.
Running through the splash pad trying not to get wet.Check out the crowds, October is the best time to go.
I was determined to pet the dolphins.
And after a few minutes I finally got to pet one. Dreams do come true!!
Talan hates Stingrays ever since he got a giant kiss from one at the Living Planet aquarium.
We had so much fun at Sea World. It was so nice in October. The lines were all short and we were able to get through the whole park in a day. The kids were able to do all the hands on exhibits and we were even able to talk with a lot of the trainers. Talan said that his favorite part of Sea World was the killer whales and Lincoln keeps barking like the seals so I guess that was his favorite part. I hope we make it back to Sea World soon the kids loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment