While we were on the USS Midway Captain Joe told us that we needed to visit Point Loma and see the old light house. We hurried out and we got there just an hour before it closed. I am so glad we made it was one of my favorite places we visited in San Diego.
Talan and I climbing the spiral stair case to the top of the lighthouse.
The signs said that Point Loma is a great place to whale watch in the spring, to bad it was October. It would have been neat to see some whales.
We might not have seen any whales but we did get to see a submarine surface.
I absolutely love this old lighthouse. It made me feel like I was visiting Maine.
Talan standing in front of the statue of Cabrillo.
The boys just relaxing, enjoying the view and the weather.
Lincoln was determined to look through this telescope.
Not only did Talan earn his wings today but he also became a Cabrillo Jr Ranger.
Just below Point Loma is this Naval Cemetery. I could not believe all the headstones. They go as far as the eye can see and they go down both sides of the road. It made me truly grateful to all those service members who gave their lives for my freedom.
It was the most peaceful cemetery I have ever visited. You had the cool ocean breeze and the sound of the wave crashing against the rocks. I just might have to enlist so that this beautiful place can be my final resting place. It was that beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment