Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Going to space!


Talan's preschool class went on a field trip to the BYU Planetarium. Of course all of the parking spaces were full in the visitors lot. So Talan and I had to walk all the way across campus to the planetarium. They have some hands on science experiments that the kids can do. This one you move one of the rods and then all the rods will all start moving in the same direction.
 Talan had fun doing this experiment. You could play music on this pipes by hitting them with the palm of your hand.
This was Talan's favorite experiment. You would hit the back of the Vortex Cannon and it would blow air on the people below. He also really like the tornado experiment.
 After the kids had explored the experiments downstairs we found an empty hall and had a picnic. Mrs Jackie brought some crackers and cheese for the class. They had a fun time having an indoor picnic. Some of the college students gave us a funny look as they walked by. They were just jealous that they don't get snack time.
 After our snacks we went up to watch a show in the planetarium. We learned a lot about the stars and planets. I was surprised at how much the kids knew about the planet and stars already. Most of them could guess which planet his was showing us before he told them.

Talan and I had a great time learning about space. I love watching him learn. Talan has enjoyed learning about space and the stars. He is always asking to take his telescope outside to try and find constellations. I hope that he will always enjoy learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment