Talan's Preschool is having a Valentines Day Party. Each child had to write his or her own name on all of their cards. Luckily we start about a week before V-day so we could make it through all 18. Talan picked out Cars valentines to take to preschool. He is so excited about the party.
This is the Valentines holder that they made at preschool. Talan had so much fun passing out his Valentines and playing find the heart.I love when the simple things in life make you so happy.
My boys Valentines gifts. Notice the kissing bees, I gave those to Jason on our first V-day. I always get them out each year because for some reason he get embarrassed by them. Maybe it is because I chase him around the house with them. While they sing "I Love You, I Love You."
Most people just want to go out with their spouse on Valentines Day. We tried that once and after waiting 3 hours at Ruby River we decided that the day before or after Valentines is just as romantic. Jason even suggested we have Valentines day on the 15th. He said "Think of all the money we would save with everything being half off." That's the kind of comments you get when you are married to an almost accountant. So the last few Valentines days we have spent with the boys. I decorate the table and the boys get to pick what is for dinner. This year Talan pick Zubs pizza and cheese sticks.
On the first Valentines Day that Jason and I were married he had balloons that started in our bedroom and lead me out to the table where he had my Valentine. So ever since then the boys wake up to balloon's everywhere.
Since the balloon idea is now for the boys. I woke up to a trail of white roses, that lead to my Valentine. White roses are also special to me, when Jason proposed he had a dozen roses and on each rose he wrote something special that we had done each month while we were dating.
We also Heart attack their doors every year. Talan was especially excited this year for the balloons and the hearts on his door.
Lincoln playing with the balloons.
Talan checking out all of the fun candies on the table.
Can you see pure excitement in this photo.
I love seeing the boys so happy with some thing as simple as balloons. I hope that they remember all the good times that we share as a family and that when they have families of their own they will remember that the simple thing are sometimes the best.
Its a Balloon War.
My Valentines.
Talan enjoying one of his favorite meals.
Lincoln wondering were his cheese stick is.
Why can't my boys love something like broccoli.
One thing that is fun about having boys for Valentines day is that you get to buy fun things like Nerf guns. After dinner we had a giant Nerf war. It was so much fun!!
Lincoln was mad that Talan had his gun. It is so funny when Lincoln hears you cock the gun he runs aways as fast as he can then turns around to face you and closes his eyes waiting to get shot. When you shoot him he laughs so hard. Then brings you back the Nerf ball and wants you to shoot him again.
All Better.
We also stopped by Grandma and Grandpa Jones and they had a Max and Ruby Bunnies for the boys. Talan and grandma watch it every time grandma babysits them. So when Talan is home and Max and Ruby comes on he has to call grandma and tell her that it is on so that she can watch it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment