Monday, February 27, 2012

The Karate Kid

 We signed Talan up for Karate in November and he is loving it. I was so surprised when he brought home a note saying that he was ready for his first belt test and they were going to do it the last week of January.
 Talan was so nervous the days leading up to the belt test. He is by far the youngest in his class but seems to be keeping up with the kids.
The class showing all the parents the strikes and blocks they have been learning.
 Talan was excited because he and Reggie got to do their test together.
 Talan and Reggie showing their Sensei their routine.
 Talan receiving his yellow stripe belt. He was so excited and we were so proud of him.
 Talan even got to break his first board. I was a nervous wreck thinking that little Talan would not be able to break through the board, but he did it easily.
Talan with Sensei Cory. 
It was so fun to go to Talan's first belt test. I was so proud of him for working so hard to get his new belt. He is studying Shin-Toshi Karate and I am sure that he could probably drop me to the ground if he wanted to. His favorite routine is what they call Breathing Easy and he will do it on anyone who will be his victim. It is going to be so fun to watch him work through the belt ranks.

1 comment: