Our little elf is back. This year she brought a treat with her.
When Talan heard the doorbell ring he ran to the door hollering "I got it". I followed behind him to see who was at the door. Talan peeked out the window then walked away. I asked him who was there, he replied Mrs Peeps. I asked him why he didn't open the door and he just shrugged his shoulders. Even after 3 years of her visiting us Talan still is not to fond of her.
Lincoln was brave enough to go out and grab his drink, but he to didn't want to get too close to Mrs Peeps.
Once we brought in Mrs Peeps we sat down to read the letter she brought with her from the North Pole.
She was sent to our house to report to Santa whether we are naughty or nice.
I love this picture, neither of the one of the boys wanted to get to close to the elf.
Having to sit this close to an elf is pure torture. Just ask Talan.
A few minutes after Mrs Peeps arrived Talan came to me and asked what happens if an elf doesn't come to your house, do you have to go and sit on Santa's lap? I started to giggle and he looked at me and said I would rather have an elf at our house than have to sit on Santa's lap. Once she is here the boys do have a fun time waking up in the morning and searching the house to see where Mrs Peeps has decided to sit for the day. She is a fun little addition to our home.
I was scared to death of Santa's elves when I was little and it all stemmed from "he sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake". I think a Mrs. Peeps would have been exactly what I needed to alleviate the fear of the invisible elf I knew was in my closet!
ReplyDelete