Friday, August 5, 2011

Remodel

On Friday my washer started to make a funny sound. I called Jason at work and told him that I think I know what we should spend our tax return on. Just what I was hoping to spend it on, a new washer. Sure enough when he got home he pulled it out and there was oil on the floor. We googled to see if it were repairable. It said there is nothing you can do but buy a new one. So we decided that while we have it out we would repaint the wall since I hate the color. Replace a few tiles the have cracked, take out the water guard etc.. Just what I wanted to do this weekend. So we headed off to Lowe's to gather our supplies.

Our laundry room also services as our mud room. I hate how we hang our coats now. The rack is to small and can no longer fit every ones coat. Since we are remodeling we decided to try and make a nice new place to hang our coats. I hope our idea will work and give us more room.

After a couple of hours trying to pick paint colors and gather supplies we finally headed for home around nine. The kids were tired and fell asleep in the car. So we decided to start painting and tiling. After along night we finish the first coat of paint and got the tiles replaced. We finally went to bed around 3:30am. I sure hope that this turns out how I have envisioned it. I have always thought that a laundry room should be blue. I hope I don't regret my decision once I have it all painted.

Well it has taken us awhile to finish things up but overall I like the finish product. It seems so cheery and not dull like before.
The new and improved coat racks. We did a lower set for the boys and a higher one for Jason and I. I love it, it gives us so much more room for coats and bags.

I like having the bags and coats in one area, it makes it so much easier to get out of the door in the morning.

The key holder and a new little piece for wall decor.

Our folding table the never gets used as a folding table. It is mainly the dump your junk off stop before you go in the house area.

Our new washer and dryer that work so well.
The bright and fun finished room. It may have taken awhile to finish but now I might even like to do laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment