Talan at the Dr office getting his 5 year old check up. I was not ready for such an appointment. Getting a urine sample from a 5 year is next to impossible. Let alone a blood sample and 4 shots. I will be amazed if Talan will ever go back. Good thing we have such a good Dr.
He did not want to sit on the exam table becuase that is where you get shots and he didn't want any. After the exam He was excited that the Dr gave him a new blue shirt and a sticker.
It was also time for the yearly eye exam. Luckily this isn't to bad becuase it is just mom's work. He did so good. Lucky for him no glasses are needed just yet, but I am sure they will be needed in the future.
Talan's favorite part of the exam was the looking through the 3D glasses. He was so cute in the exam room while I was doing his visual acuities. I asked him to read to me the lowest line he could read. He started to tell me what sound each letter made. I had to laugh becuase I told him to read so he was sounding out the words. So I had to rephrase it and say tell me the letters you can see. I can't believe that he is already 5. He is going to have a great year at preschool this year. I am so glad that he is health and strong and such a well mannered little boy. I am proud that he is my son.
5 Year Old Stats:(August 22, 2011)
Weight: 41.45lbs (50th percentile)
Height: 44.5 inches (74th percentile)
4 Year Old Stats: (October 6, 2010)
Weight: 39.24 (68th percentile)
Height: 42 inches (73rd percentile)
3 Year Old Stats: August 6, 2009
Weight 33lbs (64th percentile)
Height: 38.9 (79th percentile)
2 Year Old Stats: June 26, 2008
Weight: 29lbs (64 percentile)
Height: 37 inches (98 percentile)
Time sure flies! Talon is so cute and I don't blame him for not wanting shots.
ReplyDeletepoor guy!! i don't look forward to that appointment. How come he isn't starting Kinder?
ReplyDeleteHe has a summer birthday, so we decided to put him in as the oldest in his class instead of the youngest. Just one of those hard choices you have to make as a parent. I hope it was the right one.
ReplyDeleteGotcha :) You are nice, I am like your 5... your out of here, type of attitude...hehe
ReplyDelete