Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ducks, Fish and Bowling ~ Oh My~

Jason and Talan got up early one morning and went fishing at Spanish Fork Reservoir.  Talan was so excited to go fishing. He has been practicing his casting skills and can cast it really far. I asked him what kind of fish he was going to catch, he told me a Puffer Fish. I didn't have the heart to tell him we don't have Puffer Fish in Utah.
Jason said that the reservoir was a great place to take kids fishing. The only down fall was the famous Spanish Fork Canyon wind. He said there was only one other group of people fishing that morning so they had the reservoir to themselves.
Talan took up his Lighting McQueen pole with him, but was unable to cast it out far enough. So luckily Jason had packed another small pole that Talan was able to use. With in a few seconds of Talan casting it in he told Jason he had a fish. Jason didn't believe him but he keep saying "Dad I have a fish" finally Jason took a hold of his pole and sure enough he had a fish.  Jason handed the pole to him and told him to reel in the fish. He did a great job until the fish got close. Soon as Talan could see the fish he started yelling OOO-GROSS!!! and ran away from the fish. He didn't realize that he was still reeling in the fish while he was running so it was like the fish was chasing him. Jason was laughing so hard.
Talan and his fish. I love the expression on his face, he was so grossed out by the fish that was chasing after him. Jason wanted Talan to hold it and he said No Way.
The proud fisherman who caught the biggest fish of the day.
Jason showing off one of the fish they caught.
This isTalan and his fish. Talan wouldn't hold it even with the gloves. This is the closest I could get him to the fish.
The rule at our house is: You catch it, you clean it, you cook it.
After the fishing trip we let the boys pick an activity that they wanted to do. Talan wanted to go bowling and Lincoln loves ducks so we decided to go and feed the ducks. I took Lincoln out to the car and put him in his seat. Then I went in to get Talan, when I got back to the car Lincoln had got up front and was pretending to drive.
I went around to the door and Lincoln had managed to lock himself in the car.
I wasn't to scared until I realized that my keys were in the ignition and he was trying to turn it. Luckily Jason was close by and able to unlock the door. I will have to watch Lincoln because he may take my car for a joy ride sooner than later.
We went down to Flowserve to feed the ducks. They must have been hungry because they were charging the car before we could even get out.
Lincoln checking out the ducks.
Lincoln chasing and throwing bread at the ducks.
Talan didn't want to stop and feed the ducks but once be got out he decided it was fun.
I love going to Flowserve to feed the ducks because there are a lot of them and they are always hungry.
I hate the geese at Flowserve. This is the goose that chased me around the pond and made me scream like a little girl.
Me and the boys.
The boys feeding the mean geese.
Talan wanted to go bowling at Fat Cats. They went as a preschool class and Talan has begged to go back ever since.
Lincoln got to be our score keeper.
I think Talan forgot how heavy bowling balls are.
Moments before Lincoln managed to pull the ball off the return and on to his toes.
Talan giving me the thumbs up. Jason and I have not bowled in a long time. But we both managed to get a few strikes.
Talan waiting to see if he got a strike.
Talan is the best big brother, he wanted to make sure that Lincoln got a turn so he helped him push it down the ramp.
No strike, but they were having a blast.
After a game of bowling we went over to Costa Vida to have lunch. Since it was the boys day we even ate in the toy room.
They don't have much to play on but the boys had fun going down the tube slide.
Lincoln was all smiles and yelled YAY all the way down the slide at the top of his lungs.
Lincoln throwing one of his famous fits because he didn't want to leave. We have a great time today. It was fun to let the boys choose what they wanted to do.

1 comment:

  1. We used to always say that we didn't have fun if someone wasn't bawling on the way home. That's too funny that Talon was grossed out by the fish! You're creating some fun memories and I love reading about them.

    ReplyDelete