I can't believe Talan is already 5. He is old enough now to pick out what kind of birthday party he wants. So we went up to Zurchers and walked around to get ideas. Talan spotted a magic wand and that was it, he wanted a magic party. I will admit I was stumped for ideas on how to decorate for a Magic party, but I think that it turned out great.
Talan's birthday always falls on Art City Days and this year they were having a Magic Show. Talan loved the show and laughed the whole time. I love to see the boys having such a good time. His favorite part of the show is when the Magician pulled underwear out a hat. He is such a typical boy, anything with underwear is funny to him.
The next morning we went to the parade with Grandma & Grandpa Christensen, Jenny and Brayden. Talan and Brayden got a ton of candy. The morning was overcast and cool, perfect for a parade.
Some of the candy that Talan got.
Finally after a long day of waiting it was time for the party. Grandma Jones made Talan the Magnificent the cape he was wearing. He was so excited to do his magic show for all his guest.
I always do a cake table. I try to use some new and old photos to show how much he has grown and some of his accomplishments over the years.
The food table. I little something sweet for everyone.
More Food.
Talan the Magnificent.
Jason and Talan.
Talan and I.
Me sneaking a kiss from the birthday boy. I wish I had some magic potion to keep him little and sweet forever. He is already getting to the stage where he gets embarrassed if I hug or kiss him in front of people.
Talan with Grandpa and Grandma Jones.
Brayden, Jenny, Grandma Christensen and Talan.
Talan did an amazing magic show. He made a ball disappear, pulled rabbits out of his hat and made money appear.
Addy and Ellie were mystified with Talan's magic.
Time for gifts. It use to take Talan an hour to open gifts, now he had them all unwrapped with in a couple of minutes.
Talan got a ton of fun new toys to play with while we are in Mexico. Hopefully this will keep him busy and out of trouble.
Crew loved the Lightning McQueen that Talan got. He wanted to take it home with him.
Talan got a lot of fun gifts. We got him a DS, I hope he will enjoy it.
A few of the Party guest.
Talan likes Fresh Markets Chocolate Chip Cookies. So he was busy eating some while we were singing Happy Birthday.
The candles were supposed to be like sparklers. They didn't spark much.
Lincoln lounged on our bed during the party. He woke up not feeling well so we took him to the Dr's. He ended up having a ear infection and was not in the mood to party. Good thing Kipper was on.
After Talan's Party we went to the park to watch the fireworks. Talan and Brayden had a great time watching the fireworks and playing with their glow in the dark necklaces.
Happy Birthday Talan. I have loved spending the last 5 years with you. I can't wait to see what a wonderful person you will become. I love your soft spirit and caring personality.
Talan's Birthday Questions:
1. What is you favorite color? Blue
2. What is you favorite food? Pizza
3. What is your favorite tv show? Sponge Bob, Thomas and Martha Speaks
4. What is you least favorite food? Yogurt
5. What do you want to be when you grow up? Eye Doctor and a Speaker Worker like Dad.
6. Who is your best friend? Lincoln
7. What is your favorite toy? All of them.
8. What is your favorite thing to learn about in Preschool? Chef Healthy.
9. What is your favorite activity? Play with his friends.
10. What do you want to do on summer vacation? Slip and Slide.
11. What is your favorite book? Dr Susess ABC book.
12. If you had to change your name what would it be? Raider
13. What is your favorite drink? Root Beer and Bug Juice.
14. What is your favorite Movie? Cars and he is excited to see Cars 2 when it comes out.
15. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
No comments:
Post a Comment