Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Day at the Zoo

The Zoo that Talan built is now open at Grandma and Grandpa Jones' house. I came to pick up the boys after work and I was lucky enough to get invited to the Grand Opening of Talan's Zoo. This is the welcoming sign. If you look closely you can see the word Zoo and Toot Toot which Talan tells me that there is a train at the zoo. Below the name is a list of things that are not permitted to the zoo, such as no peanuts, no cookies (big or small) no doughnuts, but sandwiches are okay as long as it has no cheese or mustard on it, Root Beer and Apples are okay.And Must importantly "NO LITTLE BROTHERS". There is also a map on the sign.

Talan, grandma and grandpa spent the day setting up the zoo.

Foxy Bear was one of my favorite animals when I was little. I was glad to see that he was in the zoo.

As you can see there was a wide variety of animals in the zoo. I think that a zoo was on Talan's mind because they are studying animals in preschool this month. Last night we asked him what they were learning about he said habitats. We asked him what a habitat was and he said it is where an animal lives, but dinosaurs don't have habits because they are not here anymore.
I was surprised that fireball Lincoln didn't destroy the zoo. He was too busy playing with his favorite place mat. He finds this place mat every time he is at grandma's and carries it around with him.

I tried to get Talan to pose for a picture in front of the Zoo but he wouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment